Pick an album cover that has a complexity that would work for an in depth analysis. Some covers may be too simplistic or straightforward to require much interpretation. The album cover may include a visual image combined with written text.
- Analyzing visual images and written text. Relate the album cover to the songs on the album.
- Considering both the explicit and implied meanings and messages of the album cover and how they are communicated.
- Include any information from the artist, or other credible sources about the album cover.
- Analyze how the cover prepares the audience for the music. Think about who its target audience is and what it’s saying about the musical genre.
- Describing the album so that your readers can see what you see.
- Figuring out a structure for your paper that will enable you to talk about all of these component parts.
It is an academic paper, so use a formal voice as you would for most of the other papers you write in school. Avoid using “you”. Write in the third person whenever possible.
Approximately 3 pages, or 1,000 words, double spaced. 12pt font, Times New Roman. MLA formatted. Cite at least one outside source.