This assingment is a two part Assignment. A simulation and a simulation report paper.
Complete your individual work on the Comp XM portion of the simulation. There are four rounds and a final – each should take you no more than an hour and a half to complete. Please review the attached PDF to help you navigate your way through the simulation.
COMP XM examination Guide is in the link below
COMP XM scoring rubric is attached
I will provide login once we agree on the bid
Using appropriate data from a business simulation, determine the firm’s performance on key indicators and communicate this assessment and recommendations for management actions
Develop a written paper, addressing the following:
The Situation Analysis has five areas: Perceptual Map, Demand Analysis, Capacity Analysis, Margin Analysis and Consumer Report. Overall, the Situation Analysis will give you an idea of where the market currently stands and where it will go.
1. On the Perceptual Map, all segments drift to the lower right. Which segment drifts at the fastest rate? Which drifts at the slowest?
2. Each Segment’s Ideal Spot shows the buyer’s preferred coordinates within the circle. Why is the High End Ideal Spot to the lower right of the segment center? Why is the Low End Ideal Spot to the upper left of the Low End segment center?
3. On a unit demand basis, the Performance Segment is growing at the fastest rate, 19.8% each year. In which round will demand for Performance products exceed the demand for Size products?
4. Explain how increasing First Shift Capacity can reduce per unit labor costs.
5. Automation reduces per unit labor costs but it has two disadvantages. What are these?
6. A product’s margin is determined by subtracting its manufacturing costs (labor and material) from its price. Logically, higher prices and lower labor and material costs result in higher margins. Keeping in mind the Customer Buying Criteria, how would you increase margins for a Low End product? How would you increase margins for a High End product? Hint: The criteria can be found in the Capstone Courier Market Segment Analyses.
7. The Consumer Report indicates how customers perceive your product offerings. For example, Reliability (MTBF) is very important to Performance customers. What is the current MTBF for your Performance product? Given the desired range for Performance customers (found in the Buying Criteria) how many hours would it need to be raised to receive an “A” on the Consumer Report?
Your paper is to be written in 6th edition APA formatting, and should be no less than 4-6 pages in length (excluding cover and reference page). Also you should use at least 2 academic references to support your analysis and critical thinking.
Rubric for paper: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BNob9LyrKeP6DmAffrVdCwwLBHoof0mm9pjLy08i4ho/edit