Medication error reporting is an essential component of patient safety. Please review the following article:Alsulami, S. L., Sardidi, H., Almuzaini, R. S., Alsaif, M. A., Almuzaini, H. S, & Moukaddem A. K. (2019). Knowledge, attitude and practice on medication error reporting among health practitioners in a tertiary care setting in Saudi Arabia. Saudi Medical Journal, 40(3), 246-251.Write a 5-6-page paper, not including the cover and reference pages, using the readings, research, and your knowledge of medication error reporting to analyze the following:
- The prevalence and common causes of medication errors
- Consequences on patients including types of harm
- The barriers to medication error reporting
- Provide a recommendation for policies and procedures addressing the reporting of medical errors
- Recommend how to evaluate whether the policy is effective
Your report should meet the following structural requirements:
- Be 5-6 pages in length, not including the cover or reference pages.
- Be formatted according to Saudi Electronic University and APA writing guidelines.
- Provide support for your statements with in-text citations from a minimum of six scholarly articles. Two of these sources may be from the class readings, textbook, or lectures, but four must be external.
- Utilize headings to organize the content of your work.