DO NOT MAKE THIS ASSIGNMENT AS ESSAY!!! PLEASE READ THE ASSIGNMENT THOROUGHLY….IT SHOULD LOOK LIKE AN OUTLINE.
* Double Spaced
* MLA formatting (Chicago or Turabian is also acceptable)
* Must include a Works Cited page
* Must include in-text citations to be accepted
*This assignment is essentially a detailed outline. Please carefully read the assignment below for directions.
30 points – Introduction:
There is no maximum length. However, your introduction must include the following areas:
1. A specific description of your topic. (TOPIC:- Philosophy of Music)
2. Why you chose this particular topic. (“I really like it” is not a viable option 🙂 )
25 points – Thesis statement
The statement should be a statement about the artistic perspective of your topic. This should be an original or little explored statement the warrants further investigation.
30 points each – Supporting Facts
Include a minimum of four facts that specifically support your thesis statement (One from each source). These should not be random or generalized facts about your topic. The statements should directly support your thesis statement. Give your idea credibility!
- Each fact MUST come from a different source
- Only credible, peer-reviewed sources will be accepted.
- If the source does not have its own footnotes or citations, it is very likely not peer reviewed.
- Each fact must be followed with the proper MLA citation or footnote
Example – Fact from peer-reviewed source (citation from source) Statement how the fact supports your thesis statement.
25 points – Conclusion:
No maximum length. Summarize your research and thesis statement. Offer insight for further investigations and any new information you gained while working.
- The introduction and conclusion do not necessarily need citations. However, if you use any information, paraphrases, or quotes while describing your topic, proper citations are necessary.
30 points – Cited page – follow proper formatting