*****PLEASE NOTE-THIS IS A MASTER LEVEL SOCIAL WORK COURSE REQUIRING MASTER LEVEL ASSIGNMENTS. PLEASE CHECK GRAMMAR AND UTILIZE THE READING THAT HAS BEEN PROVIDED. ALSO THE PROCESS RECORDING TEMPLATE TO BE USED ALONG WITH AN EXAMPLE HAS BEEN ATTACHED, SO PLEASE UTILIZE AND READ OVER THE ASSIGNMENT TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE ABLE TO COMPLETE. THIS IS A WRITTEN RECORDING OF A 10-15 MINUTE CONVERSATION BETWEEN A SOCIAL WORK INTERN STUDENT AND A CLIENT. THE CLIENT IS A 9 YEAR OLD CHILD WITH ADHD AND AGGRESSION. THIS IS THE 3RD SESSION THAT HAS BEEN HAD WITH WITH CHILD, SO PLEASE DO NOT COMPLETE IT AS THE 1ST.
Birkenmaier, J., & Berg-Weger, M. (2018). The practicum companion for social work: Integrating class and fieldwork (4th ed.). New York, NY: Pearson.
- Chapter 6, “Social Work Practice in the Field: Working with Individuals and Families” (pp. 117-154)
- Chapter 7, “Social Work Practice in the Field: Working with Groups” (pp. 156-185)
A process recording is a written tool used by field education experience students, field instructors, and faculty to examine the dynamics of social work interactions in time. Process recordings can help in developing and refining interviewing and intervention skills. By conceptualizing and organizing ongoing activities with social work clients, you are able to clarify the purpose of interviews and interventions, identify personal and professional strengths and weaknesses, and improve self-awareness. The process recording is also a useful tool in exploring the interpersonal dynamics and values operating between you and the client system through an analysis of filtering the process used in recording a session.
For this Assignment, you will submit a process recording of your field education experiences specific to this week.
PLEASE COMPLETE SECTIONS I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII
The Assignment (2–4 pages):
- Provide a transcript of what happened during your field education experience, including a dialogue of interaction with a client.
- Explain your interpretation of what occurred in the dialogue, including social work practice theories, and explain how it might relate to diversity or cultural competence covered this week.
- Describe your reactions and/or any issues related to your interaction with a client during your field education experience.
- Explain how you applied social work practice skills when performing the activities during your process recording.