To complement your prior analysis, this week’s interviews should focus on the Team, with the interviewees being those with insights on the below questions. Your insights and plans in this Team chapter should also be informed by your primary research and secondary research.
The Team chapter of the business plan to be authored this week should address:
- What are the critical skills your business needs to succeed?
- Who are the members of your team? Do they have all the critical skills you need? Who/what skills are you lacking?
- How many team members do you need initially to produce, market, sell and support your product/service?
- Are there outsourcing opportunities? What things are critical to keep in-house? Are there some capabilities to start as outsourced and later move in-house?
- How will you go about finding and recruting the people you need?
For this Team chapter, a 2-3 page single-spaced length is appropriate. Tables, graphics, and related visual tools to efficiently communicate key information is encouraged.
Be sure to support your analysis and decisions with research and references. References may be included in APA format.